Monday, September 10, 2007

My Samsung YP-T9 hanged!

Yesterday, around lunch time my T9 hanged! That totally surprised me. I was listening to some tunes then the damn started a buzzing/static like sound. I thought, 'WTH?' And pulled it out of my pocket. Tried the power on/off button but nothing. At the time I didn't know about the Rec + Menu button for restarting the T9 otherwise I might have tried that.

When I finally got home I hoped that sticking in the USB cable may jump start the sucker. Nope no luck. So I rang up the Samsung call centre and lo' and behold they are closed at 1pm Saturday and the whole day on Sunday. I was pretty pissed. Since I just got it, well it was 2nd hand, no more than 4-6 months old but none the less my new toy seemed dead.

So, I held out hope that the T9 will run out of batteries since that the sound it was making it cause it burn up juice. Around, 12pm I tried turning it on and it displayed the 'battery low' screen and ask me to recharge.

Jesus that scared the crap out of me. Now it seems to work but am in dread of when the next time it might happen again. And whether my warranty with old Sammy is good.

No comments: